Stellar Wallet 2020
In times when we rarely use ordinary wallets and can even afford to forget them at home – soon new e-wallets are going to replace them. How good is Samsung Galaxy Stellar wallet, how to check Stellar wallet balance or where you can download it?
Lumens VS Stellar
To begin with, it is important to distinguish Lumens and Stellar: on the one hand, Stellar is a network as a whole, and it refers to the eco-system and community; on the other hand, Lumens (XLM) is the currency that runs the network, which users can buy and save, and use to exchange fiat currencies. If you are buying Lumens for the first time, the first thing that you need to do is to set up a wallet to keep your XLMs safe.
Types of stellar wallets
Here are the options for all the main functions you need. Check Stellar wallet balance, convert money and save it from fraud at ease!
Stellar Hard Wallets
Ledger Nano S Stellar Wallet
Ledger Nano S (or X) is a hardware wallet for cryptocurrency, is the most reliable way to work with it. It allows you to safely and conveniently store more than 30 crypto assets, including Lumens. If you save Stellar Ledger Nano X can be the best option for you as it has also a Bluetooth enabled secure in this version.
Trezor Stellar Wallet
Lobstr Stellar Wallet
Lobstr is a Lummens Wallet (XLM) for Android and iOS. Lobstr is a quick and easy way to handle Lumens. It is a simple, smooth and secure wallet.
Stargazer Stellar Wallet
Stargazer is popular because of its support for both desktop and mobile. The desktop version is available from the Stargazer GitHub in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, while the mobile version for Android is available from the Google Play Store. Currently, there is no iOS version for iPhone.
Solar Stellar Wallet
Solar Wallet is regarded to be the best stellar wallet for Android according to the Lumen Community. It is also can be used on other platforms, such as Mac, Linux, and Windows.
Web Stellar Wallets
StellarTerm is a web-based Stellar Lumens wallet. It is an open-source client for the Stellar network which was developed by Iris Li, a former employee of the Stellar Development Foundation, which provides the ability to interact with a Stellar distributed exchange.
Stellar Desktop Wallet Download
After presenting various crypto-wallets, let's look at how to create a Stellar wallet. For our example, the official Stellar Desktop Client wallet would be ideal.
This is a desktop wallet with a clear and easy interface, it has a fairly high level of security, so you can be calm about the safety of your cryptocurrency. Moreover, the Stellar Desktop Client can be installed quickly and easily, for this you need a computer with the Windows, MAC or Linux operating system.
Step-by-step instructions for creating the Stellar Desktop Client:
1. You need to go to the crypto-wallet page on the official website of the company and click "Download".
2. You automatically get to the GitHub website where you can select the version of the application necessary for your PC, in our case StellarDesktopWin64-v3.3.zip. It must be downloaded.
3. After downloading the archive file, you will need to unzip it. After this, the crypto wallet is considered installed. Then, you will need to run the StellarWallet.exe application, it is in the unpacked archive.
4. How to create a stellar wallet? After launching the application, a window appears with a proposal to open a new account. Here you need to click "Create a new account.
5. Then, you need to select the option “Create an empty account”.
6. After that, you need to save the file with the crypto-wallet cipher on your PC and do not forget where it is located since the file will be used during each entrance to the created Stellar crypto-wallet.
7. Then you need to come up with a strong password and click “Encrypt account”.
8. Then, you need to get the secret key by clicking "Show Secret Key". Your personal key has been generated and it also needs to be stored in a safe place, because if you lose it, you will permanently lose all the funds in the crypto wallet.
9. Further, the system gives you directly a crypto wallet. If you need to find out his address, then you must click on your account in the menu bar.
10. Next time, you simply open the StellarWallet.exe file and click "Select Account File" and enter a personal password.
Short summary (save not to forget!):
Stellar wallet Mac: Stellar Desktop Client and Stargazer, Solar Wallet.
PC wallet: Stellar Desktop Client, Stargazer, Ledger, Solar Wallet, and Stellar Portal.
Linux wallet: Stellar Desktop Client, Solar Wallet, Stargazer and Stellar Portal.
Stellar wallet iOS: Lobstr, Solar Wallet.
Stellar wallet Android: Lobstr, Solar Wallet, Centaurus, and Stargazer.